Tuesday, January 29, 2008

Additional thoughts on a Tuesday morning...

I realized that there are several things I wanted to communicate to my readers, and didn't want to post separate blogs. So, here's the list:

1. I have received an AMAZING array of Pay it Forward stories from my LinkedIn question and will be posting several in the next few days. Stay tuned.

2. With the great possibility of a check from the government *FAINT* in the near future - perhaps as early as May/June, I am seriously considering putting forth a Pay it Forward Challenge. In essence, take $50 of your check (found money is the term I would use) and Pay it Forward. Your decision on what that looks like. The best Pay it Forward application of the money will be awarded a prize (TBD).

I welcome comments on this, it's just a germ of an idea for now....

There are other thoughts banging around in my head, but I'll save them for next time.

Be safe, love strong, live your passion!

Paying it Forward,

Chuck

1 comment:

The Dad said...

Chuck, I sumbled upon your question on LinkedIn, read some of the posts and came to your blog. I love the idea and will share it with my friends.

Some way's I've paid it forward are:

-When asked for money by a homeless person at a gas station I instead took them inside and let them buy whatever they wanted. They were surprisingly restrained even after prodding, but genuinely appreciative.

-I don't subscribe to the newspaper because I want to buy it from the guy selling on the street. At least he has pride enough to offer a valuable service for his money/tips.

-After a prayer service one night a woman was wandering the parking lot so I offered her a ride home. After hearing her story I stopped into the grocery store and let her get food for the next few days.

I'm NOT even close to a homeless advocate, but I am always willing to help out without reciprocity.

Thanks for the ideas.

Todd
Houston, TX